- A brave warrior that lurks in the shadows and fights under favor of night, the Nightguard is an opponent not to be underestimated. When she fell in love with darkness she became a ruthless soldier and, as she is corruptive by nature, she is able to exert pervasive influences on her enemies. In combat, Nightguard keeps her enemies at bay and is always two steps ahead of them ready to deliver the final blow.
- As a 1 Orb ranged fighter, Nightguard will prove to be reliable and bellicose in combat early in every game. Her pervasive powers allow her to severely disturb her opponents mental disposition. She may defect to the enemy in exchange for a creature that has thus been corrupted in such a way as to make it switch its loyalty.
- With her L Attack doing 50% more damage to Large sized opponents, Nightguard, like Amazon, Firesworn, Lightblade and Nomad is a first-era counter to the first-era threat of Sunderer. It is superior to the others in that it remains a counter (and a counter to most anything threatening) in the second era as well.
- When taking over a creature, the Power bound by that creature is immediately returned to the original owner's void and the power used by mind control returns your void as well. As a result, the controlled creature no longer binds any power from either player and returns no power to the void when it dies.
- Both players get to control a creature, neither have void power bound up in them as is normal, and both get all their void power back. The targeted creature's cost, the cost of the Nightguard, the cost of the Nightguard's ability; all of it.
- This adds fuel to the fire of the relative value of the swapped units, and tends to even up the trade somewhat, at least when a trade is considered good inasmuch as the targeted unit was costly.
- Every 2 seconds, unit throws her spear at enemies dealing 48 damage in a 5m radius around its target, up to 72 in total.
- Power: 85
- Activate to permanently exchange Nightguard for an enemy unit. Restricted to 2 orb creatures with a maximum of 150 power costs. Does not work on extra-large units. The swapped unit does not allow to play out cards next to it and will be immune to Swap for 10 seconds. Reusable every 20 seconds.
- Fully upgraded, Swap has a range of 30m.
- Affinity: Tainted
- Unit deals 50% more damage against Humans.
- Affinity: Gifted
- Moves at high speed.
- Nasty Surprise - kill own unit before its swapped.
|Gifted Nightguard I||Shadow||Raven's End||Standard|||
|Gifted Nightguard II||Shadow||Raven's End||Advanced|||
|Gifted Nightguard III||Shadow||Raven's End||Expert|||
|Card Upgrade||Type or Ability||Effect|
|Nightguard I||Swap*||-10 power cost|
|Nightguard II||Swap**||+ increased range|
|Nightguard III||Swap***||+ increased range|