- Fire Stalker is a second era Fire creature that is very useful for its versatility. In its melee mode, it has swiftness and a powerful melee attack. Toggling on the Inner Fire ability switches the unit into siege mode giving it a long range attack with splash damage. This attack's long range enables it to bring down towers and wall defenders while standing well outside the range of their fire. When the unit comes under attack from melee units, the Inner Fire ability can be toggled off with the Z key, changing the creature back to melee mode. Firestalker is both Swift and, for a Swift unit, quite hardy; rarely for a Swift unit, it is Tier 2, and its upgrades increase its life points. This combination can evade enemies and survive enemy ranged fire to claim orbs and wells (getting to the southeastern fortress in Siege of Hope is a good example) or get quickly to a rally point or the next objective.
- The Firedancer is considered an alternative to Fire Stalker. Firedancer is a siege specialist at this tier for Fire but is certainly less versatile than the Fire Stalker.
- Moves at high speed.
- Enable to gain Unstable Ember and Siege. Loses Swift.
- Every 5 seconds, unit shoots a fiery bomb that explodes after 3 seconds dealing 80 damage to enemies in a 10m radius around its target, up to 120 in total. Knocks back small units. Affects ground units only.
- Deals 50% more damage against structures.
It is tempting to assume that Inner Fire is the best way to attack with the Fire Stalker, but do not expect this ranged attack to be as damaging as its melee attack; ranged attack is an advantage which is always balanced with lower damage, across the whole of the Battleforge spectrum of units, and indeed, all RP games since Dungeons & Dragons. To clean up enemy spawning buildings, or anytime attacking from range is less crucial than fast damage, toggle away Inner Fire with the Z key and move to melee range.
|Fire Stalker I||Fire||Crusade||Standard|||
|Fire Stalker II||Fire||Bad Harvest||Advanced|||
|Fire Stalker III||Fire||Bad Harvest||Expert|||
|Card Upgrade||Type or Ability||Effect|
|Fire Stalker I||Lifepoints||+30|
|Fire Stalker II||Lifepoints||+60|
|Fire Stalker III||Lifepoints||+70|