- Ensnaring Roots is a First Era Nature Crowd Control Spell. It immobilizes all ground units within its range; however, they can still attack and use special abilities.
Its upgrades reduce its casting cost by 5 each time; a fully upgraded Roots is a very affordable 45 power cost.
- Covers an area of 15m radius in roots that fetter enemies to the ground. Rooted units are immobile but still able to use ranged attacks and special abilities. Affects ground targets only. Lasts for 15 seconds. Reusable every 20 seconds.
- Melee Attack Cards generally
- Harvester, Avatar of Frost, and other potential game-enders that are exclusively melee attackers still require heavy damage to take them down, and Ensnaring Roots can prevent them from killing off the more fragile non-melee attackers.
- Ranged Attack Cards
- Since there is a delay, melee units may move to any enemy stationary targets when the spell is seen. While they will still be unable to attack mobile ranged attackers, their Damage per Second will not be entirely wasted if they can attack buildings for the duration of the spell.
|Ensnaring Roots I||Nature||The Treasure Fleet||Standard|||
|Ensnaring Roots II||Nature||King of the Giants||Advanced|||
|Ensnaring Roots III||Nature||King of the Giants||Expert|||
|Card Upgrade||Type or Ability||Effect|
|Ensnaring Roots I||Power Cost||-5|
|Ensnaring Roots II||Power Cost||-5|
|Ensnaring Roots III||Power Cost||-5|